I admire people who take the time to detail how their apps are made behind the scenes. I’ve been meaning to do the same with my apps which is why I created my ScreenLapse app. While you wait for me to post my own, here’s a few example of the design and processes behind some great apps.
- How to Make a Vesper: Design – Looks at the design behind behind Q Branch’s iOS 7 esq app before iOS was out.
- Bilding Paper - A look at Facebook’s Paper app and how some of the animations and interaction details were created. The POP tool looks great (also, I really have to sit down and learn Quartz Composer and Origami.
- Design Process: Units Convert 2 – Aleksandar Vacić shares some of the feedback he got directly from Apple durring one of the tech tours and how he applied that to the updates in Convert 2.
- Improve the payment experience with animations: Behind the scenes of Stripe Checkout – A quick look at using animations in Stripe to provide a better user experience.
- The design decisions behind the tech industry’s beloved anonymous Secret app
- Three Brilliant UI Details in Carousel, Dropbox’s New Photo App
Here’s another: The making of Findings.