Apple recently updated Technical Q&A QA1633 related to creating short links to the App Store for your apps and company profiles.
Now you can use the
AppStore.com domain to create links to both your company and apps.
So, instead of this:
you can do this:
Or for iOS apps:
For the Mac App store, the same format applies except you need to add
/mac/ into the url, for example:
To figure out your url for your app, Apple indicates you need to apply the following rules to your app (or company) name:
- Remove all whitespace
- Convert all characters to lower-case
- Remove all copyright (©), trademark (™) and registered mark (®) symbols
- Replace ampersands (“&”) with “and”
- Remove most punctuation including
- Replace accented and other “decorated” characters (ü, å, etc.) with their elemental character (u, a, etc.)
- Leave all other characters as-is.
Personally, I like this AppStore.com url because it never seemed right to me when I was linking to “iTunes” for an app.