Switching between iOS and Android SDKs has always annoys me with the different key bindings. I poked around and here’s how you can set up Command-R to “run” with debug mode just like Xcode:
Set up your run configuration in Eclipse as you normally would.
Configure the run menu to always use the last app:
- Window -> Preferences -> Run/Debug -> Launching
- Look in ‘Launch Operation’ at the bottom and select ‘Always launch the previously launched application’.
- Bonus: select ‘always’ at the top under ‘Save required dirty editors before launching’.
Configure your key command:
- Window -> General -> Keys
- Search for ‘Debug Last Launched’ in the filter
- Change the key binding to Command-R
Voila. Command-R now does the same as Xcode.